New To Yoga? Here Are Some Basic Do’s & Don’ts!
So you have finally made up your mind about starting yoga and this is just great news! Now you’ll understand what all this excitement is about. When people start giving you life lessons about how great they feel, both internally and externally, and with the evident changes, you’ll see that too. So rejoice and live stress free, but make sure to follow the precise moves and keep these factors in mind for fruitful results!
1. Pick a well-lit and properly ventilated place so you have access to fresh air from the nature; preferably an open space.
2. Try to practice yoga early in the morning when there is plenty of fresh air and tranquillity.
3. The one thing that will certainly result in a satisfactory session is the correct posture. You need to pay close attention to your posture so you know that you are not jamming your spine, keeping it erect when necessary, and not keeping the shoulders too rigid and opening up the chest.
4. Breathing right will aid the opening up of chest whenever you are doing yogic exercises. Be aware of inhaling and exhaling, as it should be synchronized with the movements.
5. Wear comfortable clothes as it aids while you flex and stretch during each asana.
6. Even if you aren’t flexible enough to complete a pose, concentrate on the movement of your body. Give yourself enough time to, practice on a daily basis, and embrace the movements; you will get there.
7. Bring more of soul food into your daily food; eat as much fresh fruits and vegetables as you can.
8. Practicing yoga is like a divine art and your mat is like your temple. Make sure you clean it on a regular basis.
9. After completing a session, lay on your back for 2 to 5 minutes with relaxed breathing.
1. Avoid practicing yoga when you’re in a hurry. If you do not have time, do it some other time when you can give it your undivided attention. A good practice is to switch off your cell phone for a while.
2. Never practice yoga after you’ve had a meal. Practice it when you have not eaten anything for a few hours; or perhaps early in the morning, before breakfast.
3. If you have to use the restroom in the middle of a session or pose, do not hold it in.
4. Avoid eating anything immediately after practicing. Wait for 30 minutes before eating and taking a bath.
5. Do not be irregular. Appreciate the slow and steady movements, and be consistent. Daily practices will help ease the stress and anxiety of day-to-day life.
6. Abstain from it when you are exhausted, menstruating, or ill.
7. Do not force your body to do difficult asanas; do what suits your body best. Practise makes you perfect.
8. Don’t ignore meditation as it will be the perfect way to start your practise and help you focus.
9. Yoga should be done barefoot. So do not wear any kind of footwear.
As veganism, yoga too is a way of life that promotes health, vitality, clarity, and alertness into your body, mind, and soul. It fills you up with happiness and a sense of calm that is tough to obtain in our stressful lives. Seek advice and consultation from an experienced yoga practitioner, and maintain a balanced diet chart for fruitful results.
This may also inspire you to start something now - Read 9 Reasons Why You NEED To Try Pilates Now!
Be a Vegan First Informer
Send us buzzworthy news and updates
Fitness Coach Aman Duggal Shares A Scientific Approach Towards A Vegan Diet.
- Sanket Shrotri
- 7 K