Top 14 Books to Introduce Veganism to your Kids
Want your kids to read some great books with lessons of love, respect and compassion to help them grow into mindful humans with an ethical worldview – get them these books about nature, animals, health and wellbeing.
From colourful artwork by renowned artists to dynamic text, well written to illustrated books; they all make for a great way to introduce kids to increasingly important topics. Kids love animals and nature so they easily relate to the message in the books, encouraging them to think for themselves, be kind, eat healthy and question everything.
These books are loved by kids but adults will enjoy them too - "A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest." said C.S. Lewis, and I couldn’t agree more! Fun, creative, educational with many DIY projects; they come in various genres and styles - educational, fiction, kids cookbooks, rhymes and fantasy/adventure etc.
The PETA Kids website has good recommendations for children’s books & they have an e-store too. Amazon, Flipkart and Vegan Publishers are other websites to buy these books from plus you can always google for more options. You can buy them in e-copies from Android and IOS, Kindle editions or traditional hardcovers and paperbacks.
Play/colour/activity books & Cookbooks
Image courtesy Mudpiefridays.com
1. How to eat a rainbow: magical raw vegan recipes for kids by Ellie Bedford, Amazon.com, Rs. 1,209
2. Vegan I Am: Coloring Book, with Recipes, Activities and Resource Guide - by Erinn Sneed, Amazon.com, Rs.606
Image courtesy amazon.in
1. Billy Goes Vegan by Anna Bean, Rs 645
2. Why Are You a Vegan? and Other Wacky Verse for Kids by Violet's Vegan Comics, Rs. 1,324
3. Humans Are Not Omnivores!: Poems Your Teacher Might Not Like by Violet's Vegan Comics, Currently unavailable online - ask your bookstore to order it for you!
1. Amanda the Teen Activist (Feathers & Freedom) by Catherine Kelaher, Rs 323
2. Luke Walker: Animal Stick Up For-Er by Violet Plum, Rs. 480
Image courtesy amazon.in
1.Vegan Is Love: Having Heart and Taking Action by Ruby Roth, Rs. 856
2. Vegetarian Manifesto by Cheryl L. Perry - Rs. 1270
3. That's Why We Don't Eat Animals: A Book About Vegans, Vegetarians, and All Living Things by Ruby Roth, Rs. 766
4. V Is for Vegan: The ABCs of Being Kind by Ruby Roth, Rs. 628
1. The Adventures of Vivian Sharpe Vegan Superhero: Volume 1 by Marla Rose, Rs. 1,044
2. Lena of Vegitopia and the Mystery of the Missing Animals is a vegan fairy tale, Rs. 1,270
4. Reflecto Girl: Volume 1 (Brave Girls) by Violet Plum, Rs. 950
Like this Article?