Blondie - The White Brownie!!
½ cup granulated sugar
1 cup flour
20-25 almond kernels
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup plant-based milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 lemon zest
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegan butter or any light coconut oil
½ cup chocolate chips
10-15 dried cranberries of gojiberries
The word brownie, itself reminds us of warm and uplifting feelings, the kind that we want at the end of a wholesome meal, the one that we dream of when we are having a bad day and want to make it better.
Now imagine, all that gooeyness and happiness in a new design. The Blondie. This is the white version of a brownie, where the chocolate is replaced with vanilla or butterscotch, whichever you fancy! This beauty is a delicious jackpot for every person with a sweet tooth. You’re in for an exciting surprise since you don’t know what to expect with every bite. A nutty flavour, some fruity taste or just melting chocolate. It’s the right kind of a blend.
An ideal Blondie is crispy at the top and soft and sticky on the inside.
Blondies are a great twist in the usual desserts menu and it’s so easy to create. You can add your own zing by throwing in some white or dark choco chips. Cherries, almonds & raspberries. I added some goji berries in this one. Top this up with some chocolate sauce and ice cream for some sheer indulgence.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and toast almonds for 8 minutes
2. Blitz the nuts in a food processor
3. Place the sugar, lemon juice, milk and the zest. Whiskey it all together till the sugar melts.
4. Transfer the dry ingredients and mix it together
5. Add chocolate chips or cranberries or both and gently mix it
6. Grease the baking tray and pour in the mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes