Chocolate Sponge Cake with Mango Topping
3 Cups Flour
2 Cups Sugar
1 tsp baking soda and powder
2 tsp Cocoa Powder
2 cups Water
2 tsp vanila
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 mango cubed
1 Cup melted chocolate
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees
1. In a big bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the mixture and combine until batter forms. Don't over mix the batter.
3. Line a cake pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter into the cake pan.
4. Turn oven heat down to 175-degree Celsius, put the cake in. Bake for 45 mins.
5. Use a toothpick or skewer and poke the middle of the cake, if it comes out clean - the cake is done.
6. Set aside to cool. In the meantime, melt some regular chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave (in intervals of 15 seconds and stirring till completely melted)
7. Pour the melted chocolate over cake, and garnish with freshly chopped mangos.